Chronic inflammatory diseases are increasing dramatically in industrialized and emerging countries and affect almost all organ systems. This includes autoimmune diseases, a broad focus of our center. Clarifying the individual spectrum of possible causes of autoimmune diseases is clearly our priority before treatment.
Some examples of autoimmune and autoinflammatory diseases:
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Diabetes mellitus type I
- Inflammatory bowel diseases (ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease, celiac disease)
- Autoimmune thyroid diseases (Hashimoto's, Graves')
- Pernicious anemia (autoimmune gastritis, gastritis type A)
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Lupus erythematosus
- Psoriasis vulgaris and psoriatic arthritis
- Alopecia areata (circular hair loss)
- Lichen sclerosus et atrophicus
- Lichen ruber
- Granuloma annulare
- Chronic urticaria (hives)
In our center we offer thorough diagnostics, including micronutrient, mitochondrial, infection, nutrition, metabolism, hormone, if necessary heavy metal and stool analyses. Individualized therapy takes into account the principles of orthomolecular medicine. This involves preventive and therapeutic measures with the body's own minerals, secondary plant substances, essential fatty acids, amino acids, trace elements, vitamins, enzymes and hormones by administrating of micronutrients/dietary supplements.
If indicated, high-dose vitamin D therapy according to the Coimbra protocol is also used. Professor Amon is currently the only dermatologist certified for the Coimbra protocol in Germany.